* ORMTA members are qualified educators who have passed rigorous testing in both practical and theoretical subjects.
* Teachers must have pedagogical training in the subject area of instruction. ORMTA teachers must demonstrate their success in teaching by submitting results from Conservatory examinations or Music Festival adjudications
* Students are permitted to be taught a musical instrument during school hours, provided that the lessons do not exceed one half-day per week (21[2e] of Part II [School Attendance] of the Province of Ontario's Education Act 1990).
* Music lesson tuition is eligible for the Children's Art Tax Credit.
* ORMTA members give instruction to students who are successful in obtaining school credit for practical examinations. See more details at the Province of Ontario, Ministry of Education.
* Only students of ORMTA members are:
eligible to participate in ORMTA recitals and competitions
eligible to receive ORMTA scholarships, including those given by ORMTA at the Kiwanis Music Festival
* ORMTA promotes and sponsors workshops , recitals, masterclasses and an annual competition.